Sunday 14 September 2014

You Melt My Heart Card

Hi Guys,

Hope you like my latest card which I made for the Moxie Fab World Foxy Foxes Challenge. I really enjoyed creating textured fur for my little foxes with coloured pencils. The sequin 'snow' was lots of fun to create also.


I used a Pebbles polka-dot note card for the base of my card. Next I used a piece of Neenah Solar White Cardstock and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to create a background. First I create a wash of ink and then I splashed water over the top to create a pattern. I then adhered the cardstock to the note-card.

Next I selected a piece of patterned paper from the Fancy Pants Nautical 6x6 paper pad. I then stamped the tree images from the Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods stamp set directly onto it using Stampin' Up Crumb Cake Ink. I then fussy cut the trees and adhered them to the card using foam tape. I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Here's The Scoop stamp set in Versafine Ink.


The two fox images are from the Joy to the Woods and Critters in the Woods stamp sets from Lawn Fawn. First I stamped them onto some more Neenah Cardstock in Hero Arts Soft Vanilla Ink. I wanted to create a textured look to give the impression of fur so I used my Spectrum Noir coloured pencils to colour my images. I then fussy cut them and adhered them to my card with foam tape. The speech bubble were die-cut using the Polaroid Fun die from Mama Elephant. I then stamped the heart image from Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby stamp set in Calypso Coral Stampin' Up ink.

I completed my card using sequins to create the the look of snow. I used 6mm and 4mm Sparkling Clear and 6mm Snow sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I also used several Snow-flake shaped sequins from the Neat and Tangled Winter Wonderland Sequin Mix.


Clicking on the link below will take you to the Moxie Fab World Blog for the latest challenge and lots of great inspiration:


2 comments: