Tuesday 23 September 2014

Happy Winter Acetate Card


Hi Guys,

I had so much fun creating this critter-ful winter scene for the Lawnscaping Challenge no. 90: Critters Galore this week. It feels a bit wrong making Christmas cards in September but I've decided to go with individually designed cards for my closest friends and family this year so I've got to start pretty early! I used some of my favourite cute critters from the Critters in the Snow and Critters in the Arctic stamp sets from Lawn Fawn. I decided to make the card using acetate to keep things interesting and give a icing feel to my design. 

Hope you enjoy looking at what I've created xx


As I've already said, I used acetate as the base of my card. I created the look of falling snow by flicking Windsor and Newton white ink onto it using the end of a paintbrush. I created snow drifts on the front of my card using the Mama Elephant Landscape Trio dies and Neenah Solar White Cardstock. I took advantage of the transparent acetate and used the Lawn Fawn Forest Border die to cut a background which I adhered to the back of the card, for extra dimension. 

Next I stamped images from several Lawn Fawn stamp sets onto more Solar White cardstock using My Favorite Things Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. I used the moose image from the Critters in the Arctic set, the polar bear, penguin and seal images from the Critters in the Snow set and the gingerbread house, lollipop and candy cane images from the Sweet Christmas set. Next I coloured them with Spectrum Noir pencils and blending solution. I added freckles and highlights using a Uniball white gel pen. I added the look of snow to the roof of the house and several of the sweets using WOW! White Puff embossing powder. I adhered the images to my card using a mixture of foam squares and silicone glue to add plenty of dimension to my design.

I used Peppermint Twine from Lawn Fawn to add interest to the top of my card. I die cut a banner from Lawn Fawn Snow Day patterned paper using one of the Dotted Ellements dies from Avery Elle. I stamped one of the sentiments, also from the Critters in the Arctic stamp set onto the banner and adhered to my card with more silicone glue. I completed my card with a peppermint twine bow and a wood veneer snow flake (this one's for you MC!) from my stash!



This close up shows that great embossing powder from WOW! - it puffs up when you heat it rather than just melting and going smooth which I thought was perfect for adding a light dusting of snow to my scene.


Clicking on the image below will take you to the Lawnscaping Challenge post, including all the other great entries and DT inspiration:


4 comments:

  1. um. WOW!!!
    this is amazing!! the coloring is - swoon! out of this world! the littel details with the white gel pen, and the snow, totally makes it feel unique and special! and each critter looks so amazing!! i want to be at that sweet, christmas party!! wow!! brilliant!!!! thanks for playing along at the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, this card is awesome!! I really like how you added snow to the top of the candy canes and everything else - that is the perfect touch!! So, so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for your lovely comment Elise xx

      Delete