Wednesday 15 October 2014

Let's Have a Party Card


Hi Everyone,

Well I'm so glad to be back to making cards after a pretty rubbish couple of weeks, with exams and then getting sick - like I said, rubbish! So I'm back and starting things off with this cute birthday card made for the Lawnscaping Patterned Paper Challenge. I used stamps from the Lawn Fawn Monster Mash stamp set as well as lots of bright patterned paper from the American Crafts #Summer 6x6 paper pad:


I used a Pebbles blue polka-dot notecard as the base for my card. Onto this I layered a scalloped rectangle of white card stock, cut using one of the Mama Elephant Femme Frames dies. I then layered a  piece of woodgrain paper from the My Minds Eye Necessities Wood 6x6 paper pad. I die cut a stitched rectangle of this using the largest shape from the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles set. I used strips of washi tape to add interest to the background. I used a red woodgrain washi from Freckled Fawn and a yellow striped washi from my stash.



I stamped each of the monster images from the Lawn Fawn Monster Mash stamp set onto various papers from the American Crafts #Summer 6x6 paper pad. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamps my images. I then fussy cut them and adhered them to my card with foam pads. I die cut the balloons using a Paper Smooches die and stamped letters from the Lawn Fawn Claire's ABCs set to spell out party. I adhered the baloons to my card with foam tape. I used Lawn Fawn Natural Twine for the balloon strings.

The red flag in the top left corner is cut from a scrap of patterned paper. I stamped the "let's have a" sentiment from a selection of words from the Lawn Fawn Cozy Christmas stamp set.



Click on the image below to go straight to the Lawnscaping Challenge post with all the great entries and inspiration from their amazing design team:


6 comments:

  1. Love the new card dude. BTW, the blog is awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Jen. Glad you like it - I made it for jonny b's birthday. See you soon xx

      Delete
  2. what a WONDERFUL card!! i LOOOOOOOVE those party monsters!! and all of the patterned papers you used for them are, seriously, awesome!!! LOVE! this card is so bright and happy and FUN!! i hope your 'rubbish' weeks are behind you for good! thanks so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for your lovely comment Samantha - this week is looking much brighter xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is adorable!! The monsters are all so cute and cheery! That makes a perfect birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete