Sunday 8 February 2015

Love and Fishes Birthday Card


Hi guys,

Well, I'm back for the third time this week with a card I made for the Lawnscaping challenge #99: clean and simple. As a lover of all things brightly coloured, I'm not a natural CAS girl but I love giving it a go. Living on the coast, I love a good sea-themed stamp set and the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Sea set is one of the best. I decided to use it for this CAS birthday card. Thanks for stopping by to take a look xx


I started with a card base made from Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock. I adhered a piece of raindrop patterned paper from a Dear Lizzy Daydreamer 6x6 paper pad to the front. Next I took another piece of solar white cardstock and die cut a wave edge using one of the Making Waves dies by My Favourite Things. I then adhered this to my card with foam tape.


I then stamped images from the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Sea stamp set onto more solar white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I coloured the images with Spectrum Noir pencils. I blended out the colouring with blending solution and paper stumps and then fussy cut the images. I adhered them to my card with foam squares. I finished the fish with my Wink of Stella glitter pen and a coat of Ranger Glossy Accents.

I created the sentiment using my typewriter and adhered it to the card with more foam squares. I finished my card with a small enamel heart from Doodlebug.


Click the image below to go to the blog post for the challenge to see all the other entries and awesome inspiration from the design team:


8 comments:

  1. i LOVE this card!! it's SO adorable!! those little swimming critters are incredible! your coloring ROCKS! and i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the raindrop paper under that wave die cut base! wow!! amazing card! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he... Thank-you so much Samantha! Your comments always make me smile xx

      Delete
  2. Very cute card! I love the layout, it create such a fun little scene! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card just made me sit up in my chair! So cute. I just love every little thing about it. Well done! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Christiana. Really glad you like it xx

      Delete
  4. Love this card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping 
    Hope to see you again next challenge
    Xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Tamara. I really enjoyed this challenge and I'm definately up for another xx

      Delete