Friday 6 February 2015

Happy Birthday Chicken Card


Hello again!

Well I'm really trying to get back into the swing of things with my second of two cards I'm uploading tonight. I decided to go all out with bright colours with this card I made for my friend who keeps chickens. I also decided to enter the card into the Paper Smooches Sparks February Anything Goes (wk1) Challenge. I used the chicken and chick images from the Paper Smooches Green Acres Stamp set. The Awesome paper is from the Basic Grey Grand Bazaar 6x6 paper pad - enjoy! xx



I started out with a piece of Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock as my card base. I then created the background to my card using patterened paper, several dies and an inlaid die cut technique. The dies I used were the Birthday Script, Peek a Frame and Speech Trio dies from Mama Elephant and the Grassy Border die from Lawn fawn.

I then stamped the chicken and chick images onto various pieces of patterned paper, fussy cut them and layered them up to create my final image. I adhered hem to teh crad with foam squares for extar dimension. I stamped the word happy from the Birthday Buddies stamp set, also from Paper Smooches,  with Blackberry Bliss ink form Stampin' Up.


I completed my card by fussy cutting flowers and a border from more patterned paper and adhereing them to the card.


Clicking on the image below will take you to the Paper Smooches website where you can find lots of inspiration and of course buy all their lovely stamps and dies:


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! what a colourful card.... love how you used the patterned paper images to make the scene and the chicken looks great paper pieced too :)
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete