Sunday 6 July 2014

Retro Gaming Birthday Card

This fun card was made for a friend of mine who's a massive computer geek - sorry Matt, but it's true   ;-p It was really simple to put together. First I mat and layered red and brown Papermania solid smooth cardstock onto a 6x6 kraft card blank from Hobbycraft. I rounded the corners on each layer using a Tonic 5mm corner rounder. The 'joystick junkie' sentiment was cut into the brown cardstock using my Cricut Explore and the Brooklyn Iron-on cartridge, prior to adhering it, allowing the red cardstock below to show through. The joystick image was also die-cut from the Brooklyn Iron-on cartridge. The Zap! image I created myself using Cricut Font and Basic Shapes. The rest of the sentiment was embossed onto black Dymo tape using the Dymo label-maker.


On the inside I used more dymo tape and another die cut from the Brooklyn Iron-on cartridge. I stamped the letters on the keyboard die cut using a Dovecraft mini alphabet stamp set.


No comments:

Post a Comment